Merci Train - Oregon
Oregon Merci Boxcar at its new location in N. Bend, OR shown on the day of its dedication, July 15, 2006. Since then, as seen in John Steven's July 2010 photos below, the openings in the wood framework have had glass or plexiglass put in them on all four sides, thus providing further protection from the elements.
Click on the 2 images below to view full size
No full size image
Boxcar at its former location at Old Fort Stevens Historical Park
in Hammond, OR.
Since 1951, the Benton County Historical Society has been preserving historical artifacts, photographs, and manuscripts. The society is located in the 1867 Philomath College building which is on the National Register of Historic Places, The Society opened the building to the public in 1980 as a history museum, research library and art gallery. The Merci Train boxcar artifacts came to the BCHS as a part of the Horner Collection, which was transferred from Oregon State University after the University's Horner Museum was closed due to budget reductions.
All pictures below courtesy of John Irving
Click on the images below to view full size